Tips | Tactics | Tools
Social Media, Sales and Marketing… What do they all have in common?
They grow your business, retain clients, bring you new ones, help you reach targeted goals, quotas and make a profit. Pretty straightforward! Utilizing Social Media channels for Sales and Marketing your business is gaining more and more momentum every day. The statistics are increasing as is the number of users on Social Media platforms.
According to a study published by Forbes, 74% of salespeople who beat their 2014 quota by 10% or more say they have an excellent understanding about the use of social media for prospecting, nurturing relationships and closing deals. They were over 6x as likely to exceed their quota than sales peers with rudimentary or no social media skills.
So how well do you utilize Social Media as a sales and marketing tool? Here are a few tips to help you gain successful traction in growing your business using social media.
- First and foremost, make sure you have your profiles at least 95% completed with current and up to date contact information for others to reach you outside of a Social Media. Nothing screams unprofessional by using inappropriate photos of yourself and most times a “selfie”. Try to have someone else take a picture of you wearing business attire. Your first impression can make or break whether others will want to do business with you and your profile is the first thing they will see.
- People buy from people they trust and trust will trump price all day long! The key is building trust and you can’t do that by telling people – “We are your number one trusted resource…” Sure you can have that on your website, but when you are reaching out to a prospect, client or a referral source, you need to set that fluff aside. How will you gain their trust then? By acting as an expert within your industry.
- To be viewed as an expert within your industry you’ll send out Newsletters, Blog, write articles to share in your Social Media groups and so forth. Choose to discuss or write about a current challenge or issue that is relevant to your clients providing useful information. You have a wealth of knowledge about the industry you serve and your audience can only process a tiny bit of that information at a time. KISS them…Keep it short & sweet! When they are ready to buy, they will remember you as a trusted and knowledgeable resource.
- Give away your information and knowledge! When you put the feelings and needs of your customers first and let go of the outcome, you will outsell your competition every day! People gravitate towards those who are genuine, resourceful and helpful. You are going to have to get creative in showing prospects and customers – How what you do benefits them. It’s by showing them, not telling them.
- Lastly, practice consistency with your message and be patient. Keep in mind prospects what three things from you:
- They want your expertise.
- They want you to go away – yes go away.
- And they want you to be patient for when they are ready to buy.
Make a list of the ways in which you use Social Media for your business and discuss how or what you could be doing differently. For more information and resources on Social Media, Sales and Marketing, visit us at Strategic Business Development.
SBD’s Latest News Update
Strategic Business Development has officially launched SBD Lead Pro! Bridging the gap between Social Media sales and Relationship driven sales. SBD Lead Pro provides quality B2B lead lists! Check it out for yourself at SBD Lead Pro or click on the picture below for our video clip!
Just For Fun…